Majid joined the QUEST project as a PhD student in June, 2013, at Queen Mary University of London. Prior to starting his PhD, he held positions at The University of Hong Kong and at The Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research as Research Assistant and as Antenna Design Engineer, respectively.
During PhD, his major objectives are to:
- Develop an efficient computational electromagnetic tool for the analysis of nanomaterials;
- Engineer composites with desired electromagnetic properties by judicially manipulating the volume fraction of inclusion materials.
His publications include:
- M Naeem, "Scattering and absorption analysis of radomes using the method of equivalent dipole moments", Master's thesis, Chalmers University of Technology, 2011
- M Naeem, R Maaskant, GW Kant, P Kildal, R Mittra, "The method of equivalent dipole moments (MEDM) combined with CBFM for the fast and accurate solution of dielectric scattering problems", International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), 2011
- WC Chew, AC Cangellaris, J Schutt-Aine, H Braunisch, ZG Qian, AA Aydiner, K Aygun, LJ Jiang, ZH Ma, LL Meng, M Naeem, "Fast and accurate multiscale electromagnetic modeling framework: An overview", Signal and Power Integrity (SPI), 2013 17th IEEE Workshop on, 2013
- B Wu, HM Tuncer, M Naeem, B Yang, MT Cole, WI Milne and Y Hao, "Experimental demonstration of a transparent graphene millimetre wave absorber with 28% fractional bandwidth at 140 GHz" Scientific Reports, 2014
- M. Naeem, T. M. McManus and Y. Hao, “A Generalized Dipole Moment Based Approach for Modelling of Nanoparticles,” The 30th International Review of Progress in Applied Computational Electromagnetics, 23-27 Mar., 2014.